Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Broken: official release 2.79a, latest build 2.79.3 76122bc8f00
Earliest release with bug was 2.78a; 2.78 had a different bug (all counts become 1).
Short description of error
Sometimes particle system's render->group->use count (dupliweight) list will rearrange (alphabetise) object names but not the counts, so they become mismatched.
The bug occurs on changing values in the redo panel, or on loading a saved file.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
FROM DEFAULT SCENE:
- Add a monkey ("Suzanne")
- Add it to a group "test"
- Select default cube, add a particle system.
- Under particle system->render panel: set render type to group; select "test" for dupli group; enable use count; and set the count for Suzanne to 25.
- Add an ico sphere ("Icosphere")
- Under object properties->groups panel, add it to the group "test".
- Now, EITHER: add another object, and change some value for it in the T-Panel (redo panel); OR save and reload the file (the list will show "no object" at first - mouse over it or something to update it).
EXAMPLE FILE (produced by following steps 1-6 then saving)
Ideally nothing should change, but if it must, the count list (Suzanne: 25, Icosphere: 1) should become (Icosphere: 1, Suzanne: 25).
What happens instead:
The list becomes (Icosphere: 25, Suzanne: 1).