Tested on multiple systems:
- Windows 10 AMD Threadripper 1950X NVidia GTX 580
- Windows 10 AMD Radeon RX 480
- Windows 10 NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
Broken: 2.79 5bd8ac9
Worked: Not sure
Short description of error
Rendering smoke using Cycles on the GPU produces noticeably different output than when rendering the same frame on the CPU.
The difference is most noticeable at the edges of smoke or if the smoke is thin. The GPU produces much noisier results than the CPU.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Download attached .blend file. Press alt+A to start animation.
- Wait until you reach frame 60 or so.
- Press alt+A to stop animation again.
- Render a frame on the CPU
- Render a frame on the GPU
- The GPU frame will be much noisier than the CPU frame.