This design task is targeted at contributing and new developers looking for smaller but worthwhile UI tasks. These are meant to be 'paper cuts' - very small UI annoyances that, in aggregate, make things unpleasant or annoying. All of these tasks should be smaller in scope, so that new or occasional developers can handle them.
This is a curated list of items picked from this Devtalk thread. It will be updated with new items over time.
- T57685 Add Save Before Closing to File -> New
- T57686 Indicate which button gets activated when you hit Return
- T57687 Properties Node View Hierarchy
- T57688 Remember the last display mode in File Browser.
- T57690 No way to distinguish enum buttons that support shift-click to select multiple
- T57709 Add Ctrl-Wheel support to popovers
- T57710 Clicking on Driven decorator should open the Edit Driver popup
- T57711 Add horizontal scroll bar to Text Editor
- T57712 Move the transform info away from the header, into the viewport
- T57714 In the visibility popover, replace checkboxes with eye icons
- T57718 For the Sphere primitive, rename Size to Radius
- T57720 Scrollbars should make space for the invisible action zone in the corners
- T57721 For ID blocks, move + and x buttons into popover
- T57722 Fix: LookDev Preview spheres get clipped when viewport is tall or wide
- T57723 Add all Material options to Material Editor
- T57724 Fix: Preferences header flips position after installing addon
- T57725 Using scale handles with the Transform tool is almost impossible when viewed on-axis
- T57726 In Sculpt Mode, the UI should update when holding Ctrl to invert the tool
- T57727 Make the “redo” panel also appear in the tool settings tab
- T57731 Make the “redo” panel use the horizontal strip-design
- T57738 Tooltips for Popover widgets
- T57746 In the Outliner, dragging across the disclosure triangles moves the item rather than open or close the items
- T57749 Remove + buttons to open Toolbar & Sidebar in the Viewport
- T57753 Dragging over the Properties tabs should switch context as you drag down the list
- T57855 Drag and drop to set parent in the Outliner should work when dragging multiple objects
- T57880 Remove confirmation dialogs Save or Delete, in favour of displaying messages in the Status Bar
- T57894 Changing workspaces while Preferences is open causes Preferences to switch to 3D View.
- T57895 Add Keying Set and New Keyframes options to the Timeline Sidebar
The actual tasks are listed as subtasks under this parent task, with more information.
For new developers who might be interested in tackling any of these, refer to this document about contributing a patch: