CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RX 570 4GB
OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Blender 2.79 Master 874f12480f4 (November 24th)
Blender 2.8 31e3b7790af (November 24th)
Short description of error:
In the properties panel (N) of the 3D viewport there's three dimension values for a object, X, Y, Z. When two or three values are selected using the "click and drag over fields" method and edited, the effects won't take place or incorrect information is displayed.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error:
- Open Blender.
- Create a 3D object (I'd recommend the Cude) and follow one of the "paths" listed below.
- In the properties panel, drag over two or all three of the dimensions variable and type in a value different from the current one and press enter to confirm.
- The effects won't take take place.
- Drag over two or three values in the dimensions tab and drag horizontally to change the values. (E.G. X then Y then Z)
- Notice that only two values are changing (X and Z) while the 3D model is only showing the effects of Z being changed. Once the action is confirmed, X will jump back to what it was before modification.
In this case, the first selected variable (X) and last selected variable (Z) display a numerical change while the last selected variable (Z) is the only one having an effect on the object.
- Change the dimensions of the cube to X=2 Y=1 Z=2
- Drag over two values (E.G. X then Y) in the dimensions tab and type in a value, E.G. 10, and press enter to confirm.
- Both X and Y will change to 2.
In this case, no matter what value is input, the second selected value (Y) will change to match that of the first (X) prior to inputs.