Operating system: macOS 10.14 Mojave
Broken: 2.80, 9c5d1042244, blender2.8, 2018-12-12
Dead Particles that are properly rendered in the viewport are not being rendered using F12. This Bug occurs with Eevee, Workbench and Cycles render engines.
- Create a new general file.
- add two planes, translate one of them upwards a little bit.
- add a particle system to the upper plane with
- in "Render" set "Render As" to "Object"
- in "Object" select the default cube as particle object.
- in "Extra" check Dead
- make the bottom plane a collider and turn on "Kill Particles" on collision.
- scale the cube down so you can see the particles falling down when starting the animation.
- (optional) give the cube a more distinguishable material like dark red to be sure that there are no red spots in the rendered result.
- when starting the animation and rendering the scene when some particles have gathered on the lower plane these dead particles will not be rendered.