Operating system: Verified on Kubuntu 18.10 & Windows 10
Graphics card: 1080TI
Broken: 2.80, 6d89337257b6, blender2.7, 2018-12-24 14:03
Short description of error
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Enter edit mode and select a face on the default cube.
- Press "I" to activate the inset tool
- Move the mouse toward the center of the face in an attempt to make a very large inset
- Observe that the inset's range of motion is extremely limited and cannot continue beyond a certain point (less than half of the default cube's surface)
- Left click to confirm the inset
- Press F6 to open the tool properties rollout
- Scrub the thickness slider and observe that the inset tool has a much greater range of motion available (down to an infinitely small polygon).