Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 (x64)
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
version: 2.80 (sub 41), branch: master, commit date: 2019-01-17 10:44, hash: ad707115d5bc, type: Release, build date: 17/01/2019, 03:08
version: 2.79 (sub 0), branch: master, commit date: 2017-09-11 10:43, hash: 5bd8ac9, type: build, date: Mon 09/11/2017, 07:44 AM
Short description of error
In Shader Editor, Texture Coordinate node, option "From Instancer" ("From Dupli" in case of Blender 2.79) do not work in Blender 2.8 in case when we are trying to get surface color from particle emitter and use it in particle material when render particles/hairs as objects.
Attached overview image shows how same .blend file renders in 2.79 (cycles) and 2.8 (cycles and eevee).
Edit 28.01.2019 : In case of 2.8+Cycles issue only appears in viewport rendering mode. Full render works as expected.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Attached .blend file and texture file with issues.
Steps from default scene:
- Add new Cube with "Generate UVs" option
- Create new texture image in Image Editor
- Create material for cube which is using new texture as color input in diffuse bsdf (UV as texture coordinate)
- In Texture Paint mode add some colors to Cube' texture
- Create a Plain with "Generate UVs" option
- Create material for new plain, add Texture Coordinate and Image Textude nodes, check "From Instancer" ("From Dupli" in 2.79), link UV output with Vector, select same image in Image Texture as in Cube material.
- Create Particle system for a Cube, check "Hair" as type of particle system, set Render -> Render As "Object", select Plain as object