Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (64 bits)
Graphics card: 2x Nvidia 1080 GTX
Broken: 2.8, 18e5540a48b6, 2018-06-02
(example: 2.79b release)
(example: 2.80, edbf15d3c044, blender2.8, 2018-11-28, as found on the splash screen)
Short description of error
Objects with parents in duplicate linked collections keep the original parents, instead of the newly duplicated object.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- add a sphere to default scene
- set sphere's parent to default cube
- in the outliner, right click on "Collection", click on duplicate collection
- move duplicated cube (sphere follows as the cube expected)
- in the outliner, right click on "Collection", click on duplicate linked
- move duplicate linked cube (sphere does not follow the cube as expected - check the sphere's parent, it's still the default cube)
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).