Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 419.17
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 50), branch: master, commit date: 2019-03-18 21:39, hash: rBd47f827019f2
Short description of error
Querying the dimensions of empty grease pencil objects using obj.bound_box and obj.dimensions property, produces non-zero values. However, once strokes are added to them, the dimensions show correctly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Shift-A and add a blank grease pencil object.
- In the interactive console, query its dimensions:
>>> C.object.dimensions Vector((-2.0000000300949324e+30, -2.0000000300949324e+30, -2.0000000300949324e+30))
- Shift-A and add a 'Stroke' or 'Monkey' GP object:
- Enter edit mode and delete all its points
- Query its dimensions from the interactive console as above (same result)
It's hardly an inconvenience, but thought it best to report since the current values do not align with other empty-like objects in blender.
Please see gif and blend if you need further details of this.