Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1070
Broken: (example: 2.80, branch: blender 2.7, commit date: 2019-04-17 19:26, hash: b46245470f79)
Short description of error
Blender crashes when going back to object mode after performing one or more operations in a row without confirming them in "Point normals to target" mode. (Tested and confirmed on two computers)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
The following steps are applicable for the default startup scene:
- Select the white cube in object mode.
- Go into edit mode.
- Select a face.
- Go to Object Data in the Properties window.
- Tick Auto Smooth in the Normals section.
- Press Alt + L to go into "Point normals to target" mode.
- Perform one or more operations in a row without confirmation between them (pressing Enter/NumpadEnter/LMB).
- After completing the operations, instead of confirming them, simply press Tab to go back into object mode.
- Blender will crash.