Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
Graphics card: GTX 950
2.80, fd3f75a02cf9, 64 bit, 2019-05,23
In the preferences, in the Gesture Box section, Middle Click is assigned as the Deselect option. When using Box Selection by holding left click, pressing Middle click does not deselect the elements in the box selection, instead it selects them.
This behavior was functional in 2.79c, when the Gesture Box was called Gesture Border.
Note that the Select Box, when started with the B shortcut, functions as expected. It is only when the left mouse (click and drag), using the Select Box tool on the left toolbar, that middle click selects instead of deselect.
- Open Blender 2.8 (as of the 23rd of May 2019)
- In edit mode on the default cube, select all vertices with A
- select the Box Selection tool
- Click and drag left click over half of the cube without letting it go.
- Press and release Middle Click.
- Observe the cube's vertices get selected instead of deselected.