Operating system: Linux-4.19.45_1-x86_64-with-glibc2.9 64 Bits
Graphics card: TITAN X (Pascal)/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.14
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 72), branch: blender2.7, commit date: 2019-05-26 22:34, hash: rBd525c76003b3
Worked: A few weeks before
Short description of error
When changing the Audio Device to "Null" in the Preferences, AV-Sync playback locks up.
Switching back to "No Sync" or "Frame Dropping" returns to normal behavior and hitting space bar plays the scene once again.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Choose "Null" option in Audio Device settings.
- Switch to "AV Sync" (or "Jack") in playback options
- Hitting space bar tries to play but stops immediately on the same frame.
- Other playback options work fine
- Additionally, switching to "Jack" on linux without it installed causes a short hang (~7s on my machine) but doesn't crash Blender, even after multiple attempts. AV Sync lock behavior is present here as well.