As part of Blenders's mentorship program, here are a list of suggested projects.
These are intended to be a mix of tasks to learn new areas of Blender's code base as well as helping out general development.
- <none yet>
- T66491: Inaccurate highlighting of custom gizmos (can't select them properly)
Unsure of cause, fixing involves investigating gizmo drawing & selection logic.
- T69106: White outline around alpha in texture paint (when using multiple layers)
Unsure of cause, only fix if this seems straightforward.
- D5762: Show the number of verts & faces for selected objects in object mode support counting selected faces/verts with collection instances.
Various rainy-day tasks would would be nice to address at some point.
- T60779: 3D Viewport clipping support edit-particle & grease pencil support.
- T55469: Include an Eraser Brush by default
- T57846: Use toolbar for Clip Editor even though this is not related to painting/sculpting, it relates to becoming more familier with tools/operators/user-interation.
- T69660: Measure tool thickness option exposed in the UI