Operating system: Windows 10 Home
Graphics card: "Intel HD Graphics 630 and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060"
Broken: v2.81 Alpha Date 2019-09-07 16:22 Hash-abeab4fcad66
Short description of error
When exporting with the glTF 2 exporter and select "Apply Modifiers" as well as "Shape Keys", the shape keys are applied and not exported.
Why this is a bug
Shape keys should not be applied if the user has selected "Shape keys" to export, they should be exported even if "Apply Modifiers" was selected. This is because if the user has selected "Shape Keys" under export then they specifically want their shape keys exported.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open the SuzanneShapeKey.blend file attached. (It was created by following the first 2 minutes and 6 seconds of this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e675Ulc7QL4)
- Select "File/Export/GLTF 2.0"
- Select "Apply Modifiers" under the general tab
- Select format "GLTF Binary" under the general tab (It should be the same for other formats)
- Select "Shape Keys" under the animation tab
- Click "Export GLTF 2.0"
#The shape keys were not exported. You can verify this in an external tool such as the Godot engine but also by following these steps in Blender:
- File/Import/GLTF and then select the GLTF file you had previously exported
- Select Suzan under collections
- Select the Context. Object Data Tab
- You can see there are no shape keys
(ps. I did not mention any other bug reports in above text, I'm not sure why it's saying that I did)