Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17134 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 419.35
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Short description of error
Selection of hair particles in "Point" selection mode has stopped working in my blend file. Most selection hotkeys and operations under the "Select" menu as well as box select no longer do anything. Some selection operations like Lasso select and Ctrl + Numpad "+" still work, but you cannot comb the hair event when it is selected. "Tip" selection mode works normally. Restarting Blender and reloading the project does not fix the issue.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
I don't know of steps to reproduce on new blend files, but using the above blend file where the bug has occurred:
- Select the Body mesh and enter Particle Edit mode.
- Enable "Point" selection mode.
- Attempt to select or deselect any hair particle(s) using box select, L to select a strand, A and Alt+A. You will not be able to select or deselect anything with these methods.
- Attempt to select any hair particle(s) using lasso select. This will allow you to select hair particles, but you cannot comb them.
- Enable "Tip" selection mode.
- Confirm that all selection methods and combing works normally in this mode