While we have supported building with clang on windows for a while, support has deteriorated a little due to it not getting regular exercise also not all features were supported this is a list of outstanding issues with clang on windows.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
- Better documentation on how to build, the initial commit had instructions but some of those instructions are no longer applicable
- D5962: Fix: Building quadraflow with clang on windows.
Building with clang+ninja is brokenfixed:rB34bd23dbb71b2f8bfc696acf5107650bd750364d
- VS2019 IDE support is broken due to the llvm integration addon, VS2017 IDE works, ninja work for both 2017/2019
- D5976: Add support for building with OpenMP support for clang on windows.
- D6012: Fix: BLI_expr_pylike_eval_test test failing with clang on windows
- Cycles had a broken AVX2 kernel when running the benchmarks on EC2
- Too many warnings a full build log is over 1GB
- cycles kernels get fed clang flags which it does not recognize -fno-trapping-math, -fno-math-errno , -fno-signed-zeros