After D5955: GPU: Platform Support Level we have a mechanism to show one-time warnings for some GPUs on startup.
However we still need to fill in this list. T61936: EOL GPU problems tracking report provides a starting point, along with other reported bugs. It may be most reliable to test for the driver version when possible, since often the bugs are in the driver, and old cards don't work with new drivers.
We will need to parse the driver version which can get tricky, need to look at a lot of OpenGL strings to figure out the patterns.
- Intel Windows
- Intel Linux (no known issues with OpenGL 3.3 drivers I believe)
- AMD Windows
- Latest GCN 1st gen drivers: 19.Q3.1 (pro), Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.3
- Latest Terascale 3 drivers: 15.201.2401.1010 (pro), 16.2.1, 15.7.1
- Warn for driver version 16 and older. Or 18 and older?
- AMD Linux
- No obvious way to distinguish between Terascale and GCN. Maybe just don't warn as drivers are still being maintained for both.
- NVIDIA: official driver
- Latest driver for GTX 2xx: 342.01
- Latest driver for NVIDIA Quadro Tesla: R340 U14 (342.00)
- Warn for 341 and lower.
- NVIDIA: nouveau driver unsupported
- Always warn.
- Test if operating system is 10.12 or newer.