Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 388.76
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 15), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-15 17:59, hash: rBcfb6ffd48f77
Short description of error
This problem looks similar to T66011.
I sometimes experience this kind of problems when using GPencil sculpt tools.
I'm not sure which factor exactly causes the problem. A GP object transformation, a location of 3D Cursor, a viewpoint in a viewport, or a setting of drawing plane?
But, at least, the follwing steps can reproduce the problem.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add a GP Suzanne. (Shift A > Grease Pencil > Monkey)
- Make sure that the monkey is located at the origin. (Alt G/R/S)
- Rotate the monkey 45 degrees around X-axis. (R X 45 Enter)
- Set a viewpoint perpendicular to the X-Z plane of the monkey. (Shift Numpad 1)
- Go to sculpt mode and then make sure that the drawing plane is set to Front X-Z.
- Try to extend the monkey's head along Z-axis using a Push tool. You can't do that, even though you can extend it along X-axis.
- If you set the drawing plane to View, the monkey's head extends in front, not upwards.