Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 417.35
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 15), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-11 19:43, hash: rB60d02b336eaf
Short description of error
If you parent an object that is part of a collection which has been library overridden to something else, then next time the file is loaded the overridden object is offset from it's correct position, with the object's origin now being placed at the origin of the parent.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- make a library override of a collection of objects.
- Parent one of those objects to something like an empty (the empty should be anywhere but the origin)
- Save and reload the file.
- open main.blend [has collection linked from lib.blend which was made a library override]
- select, Torus, then select Empty, Ctrl+P Object
- reopen, result should be the same as main_saved.blend (Torus origin is now at Empty's origin)