Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Short description of error
Incorrect baking animation. Please see the gif animation.
Made rigify skeleton animation. If you bake the animation, then it does not work correctly. Bake settings: Only Selected Bones, Visual Keying, Clear Constraints, Bake Data - Pose.
In the second example, a skeleton is made that repeats the transformations of the deforming bones rigify. Baking animations for a repeating skeleton also does not work correctly. (gif)
I think the problem is in the wrong Scale. If bones of a skeleton with baked animation disable Inherit Scale, then the animation looks better, but still not true.
If you export the skeleton to fbx format, the animation will be incorrect and will not work correctly in game engines.
Met similar problem on Unrial Engine forums.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open attached file (simple_rig.blend);
- select the original object and go to pose mode;
- run the animation to see the desired result;
- select all bones or just the foot bone;
- in the view3d header, go to Pose -> Animation -> Bake Action;
- in the menu select the options: Only Selected Bones, Visual Keying, Clear Constraints, Bake Data - Pose.
- confirm and observe the resulting animation.