Operating system: Linux-5.3.0-7625-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: Quadro RTX 6000/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 440.44
Broken: version: 2.83 (sub 2), branch: master, commit date: 2020-02-03 11:16, hash: rBaea125fe9d2d
Short description of error
The offset used for collection instances is not used correctly when instancing the whole collection in a particle system.
It seems that the particle's scale is not taken into account for the offset.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Bug visible in attached file.
From default startup:
- Create collection with objects
- Shift 3D cursor away from world origin
- Select collection objects > shift+s > selection to cursor (keep offset)
- Set collection offset from cursor
- Create particle system > Render As: Collection > Whole Collection: True
When setting Scale to 1 (and hair length to 1m) it works fine. Changing the scale shifts the offset.