Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 442.19
Broken: version: 2.83 (sub 6), branch: master, commit date: 2020-03-06 22:46, hash: rBdcdcc2348842
Short description of error
Value shader AOV's are broken after enabling adaptive sampling.
The Images are showing a simple noise texture plugged into the Value slot of an AOV output.
Expected result (no adaptive sampling):
Adaptive Sampling GPU only:
Adaptive Sampling CPU only:
Adaptive Sampling CPU+GPU:
Using a realy low adaptive threshold fixes the problem but it basically eliminates the purpose of AS.
Plugging the texture into the Color slot and setting the AOV also to color fixes the Problem.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- create a noise texture node in the Material of the default cube
- plug it into a AOV output node as a Value
- create a new Shader AOV pass referencing the AOV node and setting it to value
- enable Adaptive sampling
- render: the AOV pass is broken
- plug the texture into the color slot and set the AOV pass to color
- render: the resulting pass is as expected
- disableing adaptive sampling also fixes the problem