Tweak option to toggle off visibility of extrapolated f-curves.
Best place for 'Show extrapolation' command with on/off checkbox in the graph editor menu - View.
The option ‘Show extrapolation” is ON
Graph editor behavior is as usual. The option is ON by default.
The option ‘Show extrapolation” is OFF:
- Constant extrapolations are hidden.
- Linear extrapolations are shown.
- Cycle modifier present but set to No Cycles: see above.
- Finite cycles are shown. Beyond the cycles: see above.
- Infinite cycles are shown.
Single keys. They should be shown just as single keyframes in the graph.
Also would be useful if the extrapolation part of the curves is a drawn a bit different (lower opacity/dotted,/bit tinner/etc.) whether show_extrapolation option On or Off. It gives a bit more information, so you know there are no keyframes prior or following what you see.
See examples below.
Cycle extrapolation finite:
Cycle extrapolation infinite: