Broken: version: 2.83 (sub 17), branch: master, commit date: 2020-05-25 17:35, hash: rB39aa122a0e6d
Short description of error
Setting a mesh to either texture paint or particle edit mode (when the mesh is an emitter) and then excluding and including the collection prevents the object from being set as active, and so further interaction with the object is not possible.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Set the default cube to texture paint mode or create a particle system (leave it as an emitter) and set to particle edit mode.
- Toggle exclude collection from view layer.
- Toggle exclude collection from view layer again to turn it back on.
- Click on the default cube.
- The default cube can no longer be set as active or interacted with.
Set the active object as you would normally do (e.g., click on the camera) then save and re-open the file.