Parent design task for the 2020 Google Summer of Code Continued Outliner Improvements project.
- Not started
- In Progress
- D5817: Outliner: Selection cleanup
- T68498: Outliner: Mode toggling & activating data
- T63991: Outliner/Properties syncing
- T68502: Outliner Sorting and Dragdrop
- T77770: Outliner Context Menu Cleanup
- T77777: Outliner Collection Colors
Smaller Fixes and Designs:
- Drag and drop improvements:
- Drag and drop of strips from outliner to sequencer
- Remove need to hold Shift when parenting
- One idea: A drop on an object name would do parenting, anywhere else could do collection link.
- Perhaps the highlights that indicate what action will be performed on a drag+drop could be improved. Color, location, etc. could indicate what action rather than relying on a keyboard shortcut.
- Drag and drop to reorder constraints and modifiers
- Autoscroll on drag+drop near the top and bottom of the outliner
- Option to create a new collection from the selected elements (devtalk)
- This could be dropdown or simply the default behavior
- Indicate active object when in a collapsed hierarchy (devtalk)
- We already have 3+ highlight indicators, so this would have to be done well to prevent clutter.
- Some outliner data icons are missing (Palette, Particle Settings, ...)
- Walk in/out tree with left and right arrow keys is not supported.