Operating system: Windows 10pro 64 bit
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 960
Broken: 2.83, v2.83.0
Short description of error
When I'm simulating smoke or liquid. If I switch to modular mode, the bake the simulation. I do not see any smoke or liquid after it has run the bake. I can see the domain moving as if particles are filling the domain, but during play back nothing is there.
If I change the mode to replay mode. I can see the smoke or liquid as it is simulating. But I don't get this in modular mode
I have a youtube video link that shows the problem.
I like modular mode, because baking the simulation this was takes less resources by not updating the view port.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a box.
- Duplicate the box.
- In physics tab... Make one for the emitter and the other as domain.
- Scale domain as necessary.
- By default Blender is in Replay mode. Change it to modular to get the Bake buttons.
- Bake simulation.
- Then change scale of emitter and bake simulation again.
- open attached file
- Try see simulation with Replay (it should work)
- Then try with Modular