Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Broken: 2.83 and 2.90 Alpha
Worked: I remember this not being an issue in one of the Sculpt Branch versions. I believe is was 2.81.
Short description of error
After turning on Dyntopo, changing the Detail Size, then drawing a stroke, if I immediately undo the stroke, the mesh bugs out, and Dyntopo is automatically turned off.
NOTE: The mesh bugging out seems to be fairly inconsistent. Sometimes when working on my sculpts, after changing the Detail Size, drawing a stroke, then undoing, the vertices will bug out and the colors will change, but sometimes they won't. It's hard to tell what's really causing the issue. What is consistent though, is the fact that Dyntopo always turns off after doing the steps below.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Enter Sculpt Mode.
- Turn on Dyntopo for any brush.
- Change the Detail Size to a different value.
- Draw a stroke on the mesh.
- Undo the stroke you made.
- The mesh will bug out, having some of the vertices mess up and/or having some of the mesh change color. Dyntopo will also be Unchecked.
- Switch out of Sculpt Mode, then Switch Back into it.
- If you are still seeing the weird colors on the mesh, turn on Dyntopo again, and draw a stroke on the mesh. Should get rid of the colors.
This temporary fix is fine for getting rid of the screwed up vertices and weird colors, but the fact that Dyntopo is turned off every time I change the Detail Size, draw a stroke, then immediately undo, is pretty annoying. I can work around it, but it's definitely an inconvenience.