Operating system: Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
NVIDIA GTX 1080 ti
When adding additional geometry to a collection that is overridden in a different .blend file, the new geometry does not update when manually reloading linked blend file from outliner.
However, if you close the blend file down, the one with the overridden library/collection, and re-open it. The additional geometry will have loaded correctly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Launch both blend files.
- Create new objects (or duplicate) in Objects.blend file and save.
- Reload the linked file in Main.blend (Observe the new objects didn't appear but they should)
- Relaunch the Main.blend (Observe the new objects appear)
OR: steps to reproduce from scratch:
- Create new blend file
- Add a cube, and move it to a collection called "collection_cube"
- Open a new blend file
- Link the blend file from step 1. and then link the collection "collection_cube"
- with the linked collection selected: under Objects>Relations>Make Library Override
- without closing the second blend file, start a new blender session and open the blend file from step 1.
- duplicate the cube that is in "collection_cube", add some offset for visibility and ensure it resides in the same collection.
- in the second blend file, the one with the linked collection, within the outliner, set display mode to "blender file"
- Navigate the linked blend file, right mouse click it and click re-load
- Observe the duplicated cube does not appear.
- close all blend files from step 1. and step 4.
- open blend file from step 4.
- observe duplicated geometry is now appearing as it should be.