Operating system: Windows-8.1-6.3.9600-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 451.48
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
RAM: 32 GB
Broken: version: 2.90.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-06-30 20:02, hash: rBa3e6b7c2ce06
Short description of error
When the Viewport OptiX Denoiser is activated it crashes with the following error "OPTIX_ERROR_CUDA_ERROR in optixDenoiserComputeMemoryResources(denoiser, rect_size.x, rect_size.y, &sizes) (device_optix.cpp:850)"
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based in the Startup File, (Reseted to Factory Settings and userpref.blend deleted):
- In Preference->System set Cycles Render Devices to "CUDA"
- Set render engine to "Cycles"
- Set device to "GPU Compute"
- Set Viewport Denoiser to "Fastest (Optix)" or "OptiX"
- Set Viewport Shading to "Rendered"
ERROR (View screenshot)
Once the error has ocurred I can't render with CUDA, even on a new file. To be able to render with CUDA I must close Blender and open it again. View System Console Output
- The error doesn't happen if the Cycles Render Devices is set to "OptiX"
- This error doesn't happen in my laptop (i7 7700HQ, GTX 1050, 16GB RAM)
- In a more complex scene blender tries to load the render kernels for a long time before throwing the error