Operating system: Linux-5.4.0-42-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: Quadro GP100/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 440.100
Broken: version: 2.91.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-28 09:08, hash: rB346023b457d3
Short description of error
When hiding geometry in Edit or Sculpt Mode it used to be synced (except when using the Multires modfiier).
But it's no longer the case because Sculpt Mode seems to ignore any changes to visibility from Edit Mode.
This also causes wires or the geometry to be missing in Edit Mode unless pressing Alt + H.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Here I am using a subdivided cube but this works with any object.
I am switching between sculpt & edit mode while hiding & hiding geometry via edit mode selection, hide masked and face set visibility and comparing how they are synced between the modes:
- Select geometry in edit mode and hide with H
- Switch to sculpt mode and the geometry is visible again
- Switch to edit mode and the geometry is hidden again but vertices are visible in vertex selection
- Mask geometry in sculpt mode and hide it via Sculpt -> Hide Masked
- Switch to edit mode and the geometry is hidden as well
- Unhide the hidden geometry
- Switch to sculpt mode and the geometry is hidden again
- Switch back to edit mode and the geometry is shown but the edit mode wires are hidden
- Unhiding with Alt + H will not select the previously hidden geometry
- Create a face set either from the mask or by painting a new one with the face set brush
- Hide a face set with H
- Switch to edit mode and the visibility should be the same
- Unhide with Alt + H and switch back to sculpt mode
- The geometry is hidden again
- Switch back to edit mode and the geometry is shown but the edit mode wires are gone