Operating system: Linux-5.4.0-47-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: Radeon RX 570 Series ATI Technologies Inc. 4.5.14752 Core Profile Context 20.30
Broken: version: 2.90.0, branch: master, commit date: 2020-08-31 11:26, hash: rB0330d1af29c0
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
segmentation fault when duplicating objects using modal operator.
It doesn't happen using the legacy undo option.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open the default cube scene, split the viewport ans switch to the text editor.
- load the "Operator modal timer " example template.
- add the following line at the end of the modal function: bpy.ops.object.duplicate()
- run the script for a very few seconds and press ESC to stop it.
- press Ctrl + Z in the viewport.