Short description of error
BLI_assert(id->us == 0) in id_delete() fails when calling the text unlink operator for a text data-block created through "Edit Source".
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Enable Developer Extras in Preferences.
- Switch to Scripting workspace.
- Right-click > Edit Source on some button
- Unlink the text data-block in the Text Editor.
A few things:
- Why does TEXT_OT_unlink actually delete the data-block? This should either be corrected or the name changed.
- I noticed we don't execute the UI foreach_id() callbacks (WM/screen) when deleting data-blocks, shouldn't we do this?
- Apparently this isn't a new issue, rB48418ec125413b.