Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 457.51
Broken: version: 2.93.0 Beta, branch: master, commit date: 2021-04-15 14:16, hash: rBa4877f9e5408
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
- In Isolation mode, the part I needed to select on was unselectable. This occurred 2x. Rebooting Blender fixed it both times. I made sure Normals werent somehow reversed. Part definitely wasnt selectable. This happened yesterday with Build April 14 also. Wireframe mode in Isolation mode.
- Control-S, I found to be opening up a pie selection for Windows selectors, like Animation, UVW's, 3D viewport, etc. I used File/Save to save and rebooted and it was back to normal. Only occurred 2X. I was in Model window, all parts visible, and they were in Solids selection.
- Odd issue with Mouse Wheel suddenly working the animation slider instead of Zooming. Very odd. This occurred two times and rebooting Blender restored it. When it was locked, the second time, I tried moving the animation green slider tab and could not. It would only move with mouse wheel.
I hope that helps.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Working on your model for about 30 minutes, going to Isolate mode often with about 50 parts, in their own Window, a Model window used for a set of specific parts, then bouncing back to another Model window to export the scene, all parts visible in second Model window, in Solid color mode, shiny gray.
- Mouse Wheel started operating Animation slider
- Saving via Control-S command brought up a pie selector for Windows modes selections instead of file save pie selector. I could save the scene through the top menu; File/Save.
(These things were intermittent and only occurred after about 20 to 30 minutes).
- In Isolate mode, Model 1 window, wire frames view, selecting a part was impossible. I would rotate around it to try the edge, the back, etc. Nothing worked and I realized it was seized up. Rebooting restored getting the part selected. If I selected all parts except the one I wanted, and inverted selection, it was blue, meaning it was a double selection. That was really weird as nothing else was in the selection. Rebooting though fixed it. Occurred 2+ times.
Hope that helps.
I have Machin3tools, HardOps, and BoxCutter. Machin3tools has some cool pie menu's. It could be that was having an issue with the newest build of 2.93 Beta.