Operating system: Linux-5.4.0-72-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.31 64 Bits
Graphics card: Quadro GP100/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 450.102.04
Broken: version: 3.0.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2021-04-22 08:23, hash: rB91c652e39aa2
Short description of error
It is possible to keep objects in a certain mode even if they are not active.
The "Fade Inactive" Geometry" overlay is supposed to fade out any object that is not affected by the currently active object in any mode that is not object mode.
Unfortunately if any object in the scene is also in the same mode, even if it is not active or affected by the currently active object, it will not be greyed out.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Disable "Lock Object Modes" in Topbar -> Edit
- Duplicate an object multiple times to have more than 1
- Select one and switch to (for example) vertex paint mode
- Select another object in the 3D viewport or via the outliner without exiting the mode of the active object
- Switch into the vertex paint mode
- The other object is not greyed out