Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 465.89
Broken: version: 3.0.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2021-04-17 20:13, hash: rB8d30a7a1cf7b
Worked: It didn't work on 2.79
Short description of error
Particles that start before the scene's start frame aren't killed by objects with a collision modifier that is set to kill particles.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add an object (A);
- Add a particle system to A;
- Add another object (B);
- Add a collision modifier to B;
- Set use_particle_kill to True on B's collision modifier;
- Set frame_start to a negative number on A's particle system;
- Move the objects so that the particles of A will eventually touch B before the scene's frame_start;
- Play the animation.