Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.21370-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 470.25
Broken: version: 2.92.0, branch: master, commit date: 2021-02-24 16:25, hash: rB02948a2cab44
Worked: I can't find if it ever worked
Short description of error
Keyframing a vertex mass change does not affect the simulation; only the weight at the start affects the simulation. pausing the simulation and manipulating vertex mass works as expected however; the new mass applies to the target and it deforms differently. I've illustrated this with a pin group below, but it still occurs without a pin group, when colliding with a plane instead. It also happens on 3.0.0.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create an icosphere with 3 divisions
- add the top 6 vertices to a vertex group "cloth pin target" with a weight of 1
- create a cloth simulation on the icosphere
- add "cloth pin target" as pin shape to cloth simulation
- keyframe vertex weight - eg 2kg on frame 50, 10kg on frame 90
- run simulation
I've attached this example file below:
I would very much like this to work, but I realize it may have not been intended to work like this. It's confusing that I'm able to set the keyframes if that is the case.