Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 3060/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 461.92
Broken: version: 2.92.0, branch: master, commit date: 2021-02-24 16:25, hash: rB02948a2cab44
Worked: (newest version of Blender that worked as expected)
Short description of error
Deleting keys from action with several users doesn't update correctly.
Actions without any keyframes keep changing the object until you revert the file.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add two keyframes to the default cube. (Scale it up and move it to the side)
- ALT+D to create a linked copy.
- On the linked copy, go to the dopesheet (e.g. action editor)
- Delete the keys. Because the action has two users, the keys should be deleted for all users.
- Play the animation. You'll see the original copy still moves according to the original keys.
Thank you for taking a look at this! :)
Seems like a bug to me.