Operating system: Linux-5.8.0-7642-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.32 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 460.56
Broken: version: 3.0.0 Alpha, branch: master, commit date: 2021-07-20 05:06, hash: rBd218ba80095b
Short description of error
Not too sure how to nail this issue down because I've seen it manifest in about 1600 different ways:
- Entering edit mode on a bone shape object makes the bones using that shape to permanently disappear (sometimes)
- After saving the file with visible bone widgets then re-opening, the widgets are invisible until entering edit mode on it
- While having the bone widgets glitched out to be invisible, they become visible only while the bone shape object is in edit mode
And that's really not all of them.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- When entering edit mode on the widget, the bones disappear.
- Doesn't happen if the "PR-binoculars" collection is deleted.
- When this file was saved, the bone widgets were still visible, but not anymore when opening it.
- Entering edit mode on the widget object used to make the bone widgets appear, but as I'm writing this, it doesn't anymore.
- Still, you can select the META-binoculars armature in the outliner, select a bone in pose mode in the outliner, and tick "Wireframe" under Properties->Bone->Viewport Display->Custom Shape to make the bone draw again. This is normally not required.
- Deleting all collections and then entering edit mode on the bone shape also fixes the issue.