- User Since
- Nov 29 2018, 10:14 PM (84 w, 5 d)
Jan 28 2020
Jan 27 2020
I think I already used the texture in that file but I'm not sure. If I did, sorry :( Then the lineset drawing order is already broken. It should be tested with a completely new file, maybe.
- So first you'd toggle the Freestyle on (in the Render Settings)
- Then you'd create 2 linesets. First one could be named "Red" for example, and set to "Visible" lines. Second lineset, "Green" could be set to "Hidden" like I've done, so the linesets draw different lines, but they can of course also both be drawing "Visible" lines. Then you'll only see the topmost color (Red) though, because Green gets drawn first and then Red over it.
- Now rerender the image but switch the listing so that Green is above and Red is below. Green should appear on top in the render.
- Now place a texture to either of the linesets and rerender. Its lines will appear below the other lineset lines.
It's this setting here:
You can create a texture that runs along each stroke. It can be a image texture like I've set here. It is going to replace the colored freestyle lines with stretched versions of the image. In my case, it looks like this:
The texture is pretty awful but I hope it explains what freestyle lines with textures are.
@Richard Antalik (ISS)
Hello and sorry for a late reply.
Jan 13 2020
I don't know if I've just messed up other settings, but for me all the modes look pretty jagged/aliased and sometimes the silhouette lines appear broken because of that. And I was going to demonstrate those aliased edges (even though my AA-settings are on max), but I instead found a new glitch.
Jan 11 2020
@Richard Antalik (ISS) I think it still persists. Here's 2 comparison pictures.
Both pictures show the same grease pencil object, but in the first one, the pixels are considerably larger (not 5px by 5px in size).
I'll share try to share a gif if I can.
This is the version I used:
Here's the file I tested with.
Dec 20 2019
Yes, I don't think this is a very important bug in itself and there are manual workarounds for those circumstances. ;)
Dec 17 2019
I can confirm.
I also noticed that the diffuse artifact changes color if you change the base color of the cube. The effect is more prominent if you set the film pixel filter size to the max 10px.
Nov 21 2019
Ok. :D I had a false memory of using Cycles viewport rendering in 2.79.
How do I proceed? Do I close this or is there a way for me to move this into a more suitable forum? I'm not very familiar with feature requests :(
Nov 20 2019
Sep 8 2019
Jul 8 2019
Yea, this is what happens when I test it.
Jun 8 2019
Nice to hear!
Sounds like moving grease pencil from being just an sRGB thing into a Linear workflow with HDR capabilities would resolve some of these issues but it's probably a lot of work. And until HDR monitors become more common-place, it's probably not needed anyway.
Mar 11 2019
I hope this has all the necessary things. :P Sorry for the terrible drawings.
Thanks to Ronan for a quick reply. Here's a 2.8 blend file for reference in case you need it. Switching which freestyle line set is topmost doesn't alter the drawing order.
(I've never uploaded a .blend file here before, hopefully I did it correctly.)