- User Since
- Jun 14 2017, 4:20 PM (159 w, 4 d)
Mon, Jun 22
Sun, Jun 21
Mon, Jun 8
May 26 2020
Apr 1 2020
Mar 5 2020
Oct 28 2019
Oct 6 2019
Dec 10 2018
I wanted answer more from usability point of view.
- As I see It limits users ability to tidy up structure of objects are there any usability benefits why it's restricted only to collections?
- Selecting thing in outliner, and then move mouse over 3D viewport (because then delete shortcut works) doesn't look like very convenient way to delete and it is inconsistent with other editors where delete - deletes. Also there is inconvenience the other way around when I select collection and move mouse cursor on 3D viewport delete shortcut doesn't work it works only in outliner.
- Could you help me to understand why there is possible to change order of collections, by dragging in outliner but is impossible to rearrange objects order which are inside collections ? Isn't object rearranging also useful thing ? Or maybe it is possible but I didn't find how....
- Why Delete shortcut also works only with collection but not the objects ?
Dec 8 2018
Nov 17 2018
Nov 13 2018
Oct 17 2018
May 5 2018
Adjusting playhead by clicking anywhere in the editor is really fast and cool, but by doing it this way we loose ability to deselect items by single clicking on empty area which also is the thing that users are used to. I would suggest to click on the frame bar... In other applications timeline scaling and frame selecting are on different lines, in our case it's merged in to the single line, so it has complications ...In Cinema 4D there is "J" sticky key which you hold pressed then move mouse left or right this way navigating timeline very fast, almost same as pressing this and moving mouse left and right.
You mean in case like this... ?
I imagine that user could drag only red outlined part which is above all content... and clicking on frame numbers below could jump to frames...or maybe you could attach an image about the case you mean ?
Industry Standard way to Marquee/ Border select and move items using left mouse button:
In most 3D industry applications, animation packages, even in file managers, LMB click and drag on empty area = initiates Marquee/ Border select.
LMB click and drag on active area = Gives user ability to Move selected items by dragging