- User Since
- Dec 12 2013, 11:11 PM (205 w, 6 d)
- Cleanup: Update comments
- Fix issues parsing BPY defined props, add BPY documentation for tags
Mon, Nov 20
Sun, Nov 19
Sat, Nov 18
Updated the task description to show the answers which we agree on (at least from what I can tell).
Hey @Vuk Gardašević (lijenstina), let me finally get back to your proposal. In short, it doesn't really convince me ;)
Thu, Nov 16
Just quickly scrolled over code and noticed some picky details. Mainly for readability which I care about a lot :)
I agree on not using shortened variable names, except in cases where abbreviation is common even outside of Blender.
Thu, Nov 9
Wed, Nov 8
Sun, Nov 5
So, with 2.8, OpenGL rendering will work like regular rendering, just using an OpenGL engine as... render engine ;) That means the GL rendering buttons will go away. Yay!
Not sure... would be nice to fix, but strictly speaking it's not a bug. As for a parent task.. not sure either, but I think I'd prefer a wiki page instead. We have too many open UI tasks already :/
Sat, Nov 4
So this only happens for dev builds executed from the build directory. It's caused by this loading a different release directory path for dev builds https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/appdir.c;33b5e8daff2cfe269bdb527cf0de6dd083b01daf$323-331.
Fri, Nov 3
Thu, Nov 2
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton), this is now using the hack you suggested. Also operator properties aren't tagged by default anymore. Python usage should also work fine now.
- Hack to use CHECK_TYPE macro for tag enumerator type safety
- Don't tag operator properties as advanced by default
Sat, Oct 28
- Move info editor removal versioning code to pre-lib-linking stage
- Remove operator redo panel from clip editor
- Solve context issues when tweaking operator settings from top-bar
- Fix crash when trying to make top-bar area full-screen
- Forbid flipping regions in top-bar
- Fix crash when trying to maximize area while hovering separator
- Corrections to screen-vertex placement
- Workaround for 1 px button alignment issue
- Refactor operator settings drawing to support operator-macros
- Fix top-bar showing "Redo Unsupported" in operator settings again
While I do agree this question needs to be answered, it doesn't matter much for this patch IMHO. It deals with much bigger issues (mainly supporting global areas that aren't part of the layout). And this one doesn't seem too crucial for me. We have our core design since months, it hasn't changed much since then and it's what I started implementing here.
The cases that I'm especially interested in are the ones where we don't even have a last executed operator. That is e.g. on startup, on file read or after undoing all operations.
Fri, Oct 27
Forgot to add a question (added now):
- If there are no operator settings to display, what should the top-bar show instead? A mostly empty bar (e.g. on startup) might be confusing.
Thu, Oct 26
Wed, Oct 25
Oct 24 2017
Adding a first round of suggested answers:
Think this is an issue from when I moved transform-orientations to workspace. And I actually think I know what's going on.
Oct 23 2017
We could place various things there - recent files list, "Show Splash" button, Help button... or nothing at all. Either way, it's a design issue, nothing important for an "Initial Implementation"
What I mean is, for the compiler, a defined enum type is an unsigned int (or whatever integer type the compiler chooses). Checked online & tested myself, seems like there is no way to do a compile time check for an enum type. So there is effectively no difference between defining a constant using an enum or as #define, even at compile time. Both are replaced by a value literal wherever accessed (I assume), additional type information is lost.
I'd suggest you submit the add-on. Design should be checked there.
I think a non-add-on integration would be preferable though, placed in [blender_build_dir]/[release]/scripts/startup/bl_ui/space_view3d_toolbar.py. Should be trivial to do that, but let's check on that during add-on review.
- Show theme options for tabs in UserPrefs
- Remove redundant setting of area size; Add comments
- Fix touchpad scrolling not working in topbar
- Add 'x' icon to active workspace tab to delete workspace
- Fix small jumps of area rectangles and contents
- Remove ED_area_global_initialize
- Don't show redo buttons in top-bar if redo is not supported
- Rework tab data storing to fix glitches & get rid of hacks
- Top-bar operator settings: Add simple "More..." button to show all settings
- Fix headers not using correct background color
- Clarify region size refreshing code in ED_screen_ensure_updated
- Cleanup: Change flag name, add comment
- Cleanup: Remove leftovers from when branch was based on workspace branch
- Cleanup: Avoid duplicated topbar creation code in versioning code
Got it! Happens all the time when launching Blender from command line here. Still need to investigate but now I know how to recreate at least :)