- User Since
- Jul 13 2010, 7:55 PM (478 w, 6 d)
Aug 10 2019
Jul 19 2019
Here you go. Sorry about that.
Jun 26 2019
I see. Yes, I joined all of the objects then TAB to edit mode, I can see all of the lines.
Jun 24 2019
Feb 13 2018
Jan 16 2018
Hi. I know this thread is closed. But along the lines of the aliasing that is associated with the ID Masks, have you seen this node solution for generating quality alpha masks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1KvYync1VM. It is in German but easy to follow. I have been using this node group to render out individual alpha masks for compositing, Is there any way to incorporate this type of functionality into the rendering of the material and object ID Masks with Cycles. This method produces clean edges for compositing.
Dec 21 2017
So, this behavior while rendering with path tracing is abnormal? Is this indeed a bug?
Dec 19 2017
Nov 3 2017
dual E5 2660 v3's (2.6 ghz) (40 Threads) Z10PE D8 WS, 96 gigs of ram win 7 x64 GTX 970 Windows 7,
Nov 2 2017
Oct 19 2017
it is not your computer. Look at the specs of my machine. I am using same work flow that I was using in 2.78. I did not have any of these issues with 2.78a.
I have been experiencing this too on all newly started projects in 2.79. Blender will freeze for a few minutes sometime as much as 15 minutes. Sometimes I will just kill it and open it back to get working again. But it eventually lags fairly quickly again. Form me, I have notice Blender is having a hard time regenerating/ compiling material previews. When this happens Bender will freeze. So I have to wait for it to do its thing.
Oct 5 2017
I know this is a closed thread. But I would like to know if anything is being done so that this does not happen. I was not closing or saving my project but rendering when the power went out. I tried to open the file and the DNA block was missing also in my auto save. Thankfully, I had a back up. I have other Modeling software where if the power goes out my files do not get corrupted.
Jul 25 2017
Nov 8 2016
It just seems like unit scale should always be 1, for any unit of measure, and any unit conversion should just be behind the scenes so to speak. So when I am in inches, typing 1 would move and element 1 inch. When in feet, typing 1 should move an element 1 foot.
May 2 2016
Ok. Thank you.
Nov 24 2015
Hmmm. I restored blender GUI to all defaults and tried it again. Now it is working ok as it should. Cube is added showing 2'x2'x2'. Must have been corrupted saved GUI.
If I import the default cube with scene scale at one it should show the cube at 2'x2'x2'. Can this be adjusted so this is the case please? It is going to mess up all my current projects that were done in 2.75a. Because with 2.75a and scene scale set to 1 the default cube is 2'x2'x2' when added.
This has been discussed many times. And has gone back and forth many times. It was fixed to scene scale of 1 in blender 2.68 and has been that way up to blender 2.75a. Scene scale should always be one. I render with Maxwell render if scene is not exported out with scene scale 1 it screws everything up.
Feb 4 2015
Test scene has been loaded.
Feb 3 2015
What is the user and password to load to the ftp?
I have tried the true displacement material in experimental mode with my GPU and it works in 2.73a. But the HDR still crashes. Everything works fine on CPU. I will send you the test scene.
Sorry I have not responded. I am really swamped with deadlines at the moment. Regarding the IES lights, the ones that were in the 2.71 file were not working in 2.73. But when I deleted them and replaced them in 2.73, they worked fine. So I think the only outstanding issus are the true displacement material not working in experimental mode and HDR not working for me. I need to test it with 2.73a though.
Jan 21 2015
Can I email them to you?
Not sure how to upload files. Pop up says to drag and drop into comment window. But that does not seem to work.
Two things were making it crash. HDRI files as environment texture. Also, i tried to render my IES lights with the IES add-on. That made it crash as well.
If I open a new scene, set to GPU with the GTX 970 it will render the default cube. It is just crashing with the project created in 2.71.
Have not tried it with 2.72. The video card that is having the error is a GTX 970, on my new machine, and is only supported with Blender 2.73. I am using a GTX 760 with 2.71 on my other machine.
Cores are set to automatic and shows 40 cores.
Also when I render to a new window or render in the view port with cpu. cpu usage never reaches 100% stays around 75% when rendering to new window. Stays around 25% when doing view port rendering.
Oct 14 2014
I noticed I had opened a project from 2.68a prior to testing.
Jun 29 2014
No need for a .blend file...use default cube.