- User Since
- Jan 3 2003, 6:23 PM (806 w, 4 d)
Mon, Jun 18
To fix this bug, we should add exception handling somewhere so we can report an error instead of crashing.
Sun, Jun 17
It's no big deal, just an unnecessary merge commit that doesn't break anything. Use rebase next time to avoid it.
Sat, Jun 16
Looks generally fine.
If we want to follow other Blender then uchar is the more common one, though uint8_t perhaps makes it more clear that we are not dealing with raw bytes and not strings? Either is fine with me.
Fri, Jun 15
Tested performance on CPU/CUDA GTX 1080, found no significant slowdown.
- Keep Color input and add Color output, for convenience and backwards compat.
- Default to Only Local, it's faster and sufficient for most cases.
- Rename Radius to Distance.
- Add OSL support. Quite ugly but we have no better solution in the OSL API.
- Placeholder GPU shader for master, will need more work when merging into 2.8 for Eevee.
- Don't use SVM AO code for global and baking AO. These support transparency which the new node does not, I prefer to keep that feature available at least for baking.
- Remove VNDF code since sampling it is quite noisy and the discontinuous sampling is quite visible with low number of samples. I also don't see really bad artifacts when just sampling the hemisphere around the smooth normal.
Thu, Jun 14
This needed some build fixes, but other than that it looks good to me as the first step.
Build fixes for standalone and tests.
Assigning to @Clément Foucault (fclem) for advice.
Thanks for the suggestion. We don't track feature requests in this tracker, http://rightclickselect.com/ is the right place for that.
Updated with some UI tweaks.
- Add Render Slots panel with list widget and +/-/x icons.
- Only create render slots for render result images.
- Always initialize slot names.
Looks great, just minor comments about naming and properties.
Wed, Jun 13
Tue, Jun 12
There was a further problem where performance of manipulators degrades over time. This should be fixed as well now.
Mon, Jun 11
Committed fix for the Link/Append behavior.
With the two committed fixes it's already noticeably faster, but I did not measure it exactly.
Thanks a lot for finding this, I'll commit it with some naming tweaks.
Some performance comparisons (flame graph from hotspot):
The problem here is that Cycles first synchronizes Blender data, but without loading images and some data like point density and smoke volumes. This was mostly fine before because that data was unlikely to be freed, but with copy-on-write the depsgraph can free the data while Cycles hasn't loaded it yet.
As I understand it 2.79 works exactly the same, except that it doesn't allow you to unlink/delete the object because it is indirectly linked. What happens when you unlink the object is that it user count goes to zero, as the lattice modifier does not increase it, and the object gets removed entirely.
Sounds good to me, I don't have any objections to the design.
Try setting the lamp size to 0 or a small number, in this .blend it is set to cover a big part of the hemisphere. We have a to do item to clarify this by changing the sun size to display as an angle.
Thanks for the report, but we are not accepting bug reports for Blender 2.8 yet.
Sun, Jun 10
Wed, Jun 6
Looks ok to me.