- User Since
- Jan 30 2005, 5:47 PM (903 w, 6 d)
Fri, May 27
Looking into this patch, it's mostly fine but noticed two issues.
Thu, May 26
This is a difficult area, all of the solutions I tried here have pros/cons which could be considered bugs. From testing the patch I don't find either current or new behavior very intuitive, although the behavior in master is worse in the case of an exactly 90degree rotated horizon.
Activating the tool and the direct access aren't the same, we could show the operator key shortcut, but that's giving a hint for an alternate method of access, not a shortcut for the equivalent the action.
In this case there is no shortcut for the toolbar, so no shortcut is shown in the tooltip.
- Remove unnecessary headers
- Update based on feedback (remove unnecessary struct & avoid const-cast from C++ by changing the function to accept const bContext).
Wed, May 25
Accepting although requesting some minor changes.
Tue, May 24
Including the function in bpy.app doesn't involve so much boiler plate code, although support for methods was needed.
Generally this patch seems fine, I noticed the material color (which I assume is in linear space) is being mixed with the sRGB color without being converted to sRGB as well.
- Note the purpose of PROP_STRING_SEARCH_SUPPORTED.
Yes, this used to work: http://members.iinet.net.au/~ideasman42/random/facemap_28.ogv
This is verbose and difficult enough to predict how changes might impact different compilers, that I'd want to see the use case for it's inclusion.
- Remove string length variables from Python
- Remove string length from StringPropertySearchVisitParams (in most cases this had to be set by calling strlen, so there wasn't much advantage).
- Remove unnecessary headers.
- Enable suggestion by default from the Python API
- Add search options to sort, so the caller doesn't need to sort the results.
- Also add SUGGESTION option, although this is currently ignored as it causes the sort callback to run on draw (to display red-alert highlight when the string isn't found).
- Correct allocations & Python doc-string
- Pass a parameters struct to the visit funciton, to make adding optional arguments more convenient.
- Optional support showing an "info" field, disabled by default as in most string popups there isn't enough room to display these usefully. Enable with a G.debug_value of 102.
- Use natural string comparison
Mon, May 23
Accepting but only for the Linux side, I won't apply in case other reviewers wanted to reply.
From/to ordering would be fine by me (although no strong opinion either way).
Having all these methods with color space names as top-level methods clutters the namespace.
- Additional doc-strings, correct & expand on docs.
Sun, May 22
Sat, May 21
- Fix reference counting error with last update
- Support Python iterators/generators (without converting them into lists first)