- User Since
- Jun 2 2006, 5:16 AM (834 w, 1 d)
Wed, May 25
From review: comments, tuple and function name
Patch is final, while waiting for a final review I will try to find a wait to adjust the icons file to adjust the colors so they yield similar results. Right now the change to treat base color as linear space is visually introducing too many changes.
- Refactor: Mix colors in linear space
Tue, May 24
Just for the records we still need to hide the .selection_* attributes from the Spreadsheet Editor and the attributes panel in the Properties Editor.
Addressed all but:
- From review: multiple changes
Mon, May 23
Rebase with master and use the landed color management API
I would add: WM_event_add_notifier(C, NC_SCENE | ND_LAYER_CONTENT, scene); which is what we use for the OBJECT_OT_add operator.
Bug 1: If I have disabled one of the modes (e.g., control point mode) I cannot go back to it directly.
This is a great improvement over what we have. I wonder if we could go a step further and have the search allow users to pick either the Operator name (e.g., Make Local) or its Python name (bpy.ops.object.make_local).
If we are to use from/to can we use from *before* to?
Sun, May 22
Sat, May 21
Fri, May 20
- From review: Use all objects evaluated, and use attributes everywhere
- Use the new color conversion API
Just for the records, this works although it looses a bit of precision.
Thanks for the review Campbell. Committed
Thu, May 19
I talked to @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht) and it seems that this is intentional. I think we should mention this in the release notes of whenever we introduced this (with an example of how to convert the values from one to the other?). I couldn't find it in any of the 3.x release notes so far.
Setting status to confirmed, but not setting as a bug yet. Waiting for Hans to confirm it.
Hi @Alaska (Alaska) why did you remove this detail: "Note: If you change the render engine back to Cycles this "fixes" itself again." ?
Remove useless if check
Wed, May 18
We had another round of discussions about this feature:
- Have only two selection domain/modes: control points and splines.
- The None is no longer a mode but the modes can both be turned off.
- Instead of using a toggle use Alt+1, Alt+2.
- When switching to a tool or selection operator automatically turn the previous used mode on.
Tue, May 17
Although it adds another click each time ...
Ah ok, got to reproduce it with denoise. Here is the startup.blend file:
I still cannot reproduce this. @Alaska (Alaska) can you share a .blend?
Have you considered to add them to a pop-up menu like we do in object?
We should avoid as much as possible to have operators in the Properties Editor. I see no problems with the functionality but they belong in a menu imho.
Mon, May 16
I think we should just be more aggressive when changing the node type and clean up the links.
I can't reproduce this bug without Node Wrangler (so it should be a bug directed to the Add-on itself).
Mantaflow (fluid simulator) has no active developer at the moment. Moving those bugs as known issues so at least other users can find their issues already reported.
This is fixed already since it was fixed in T94812
Indeed the warnings are rather annoying. But I think the real bug is that since 3.0 all the Node Editors show the "Group" tab. I don't think this option should be there. So there is no way to create the new sockets anyways. (what is the point of creating them even?)
Frame layouts are calculated on "draw time". That means that from the Python RNA API point of view, they don't exist. That's why the location of the non-frame nodes looks unaltered when they are grouped in a frame layout. Also why the frame layout itself is a mess.
Interesting. The errors I get:
- First I got a crash on EEVEE just by opening the file - P2949
- Then re-opened fine and got this after connecting the zero:
Thanks for the report, but this is by design. I personally think we shouldn't shift the sockets around when something gets connected to them. But this is working as intended and thus not a bug.
Thanks for the report. Marking this as known issue since it depends on the rigid body system which at the moment has no active developer. I'm tagging Sergej here anyways in case he wants to tackle any of those. Anyone wlse interested on that can also join the geometry nodes meetings to get onboarded.
According to @Lukas Toenne (lukastoenne) in T90233:
"The warning current value '-1' matches no enum is because when loading the file the script for defining the custom tree hasn't run yet, but the node editor still has the tree loaded. Nothing to worry about."
For the records, to select the socket you need to Shift+click on it.
Sun, May 15
Fri, May 13
Note: This is the file from Project Heist, I have no idea how they manage to have those special curves.
Thu, May 12
Note: I added two new icons to the icons file:
It is a bit hard to test this since we don't see it, so so far I have only a few comments:
- We need an operator to select all/deselect all (with the expected shortcuts).
- The other selection modes (box and lasso) could be super useful as well. Either as part of this patch or as a separate one.
- I wonder we should have the Select Circle as a separate tool, or if this is the select circle (I'm at the moment more inclined to separate tools to be honest. The painting one you can worry about texture and whatnot, and we keep the circle one simpler).
- In which case we may want to call this "Select Paint"? (to go along with Select Box, Select Lasso).
- I think we need an option (for all selection tools) to pick between control-points or splines, until we can have them as separate selection modes (together with the root points).