- User Since
- Sep 17 2007, 11:10 PM (622 w, 5 d)
Mar 25 2019
Mar 22 2019
Oct 19 2018
Andy, well, yes, the thing is that you've gotta have a control armature and a deformation armature. So, in the control armature you set all the constraints up, spline IK and stuff. When you have everything working, you create the deformation armature that consists of bones that might be parented just to the root so that they don't have a child/parent hierarchy. You then add a copy transforms constraint to each of those bones, pointing to the spline IK bones of the control armature. That way the deformation armature will mimic exactly what the control armature does, but it won't have a hierarchy that ruins the export.
From my experience, you might want to use a copy loc + copy rot + copy scale + damped track + stretch to constraint on each of the deformation bones, instead of just a copy transforms constraint. This has given me better results on export.
Finally for exporting, you just select the mesh and the deformation armature, you don't export the control armature.
Andy, what I mean is that all bones should be parented to the root bone or some bone that doesn't scale. When you do that, the result is more or less reliable, although it's never 100% correct for some reason.
Oct 18 2018
I agree with Alexander, the inherit scale option shouldn't be turned off by default. You want it to be on in 99% of the cases.
Jun 13 2018
No Aligorith said he looked into it but couldn't figure it out. Hopefully he can see about it again soon.
May 18 2018
Not right now! :D
May 16 2018
Regarding PyController Removal + Drivers/Custom Properties Creation Script thing , even though the rig works without it, I realized that the animations in 2.79 are keying these api defined properties, so I should add the script with the drivers trick anyway so that animations work properly.
Apr 15 2018
Apr 13 2018
Apr 4 2018
We should subscribe Aligorith to this bug :)
Yes, this is a general issue with baking. It happens when you scale a parent bone, for some reason the scale affects the transforms of the child bone in a undesired way. I'm attaching a simple example. The armature to the left has constraints, the one to the right is the baked result. This is a really big problem for exporting to game engines.
Feb 15 2018
Feb 1 2018
Jan 13 2018
Hi Adam! Thanks for the link!
Jan 12 2018
I'm having the same problem when trying to export a complex rig to FBX. From what I can see, the problem could be related to the scaling of the bones. In other words, the scale of the parent bone affects the transforms of the child bone, thus, rotations end up looking totally sheared. I really don't know what kind of math could solve this, but it seems a pretty nasty issue if you are exporting things to a game engine.
May 24 2017
Apr 13 2017
Nov 24 2016
Nov 15 2016
Aug 27 2016
Jun 11 2016
May 13 2016
Damn, typo in the title, I meant "flipping parameter"
May 9 2016
Mar 23 2016
Yes yes, I mean I'll have to ask Bassam to see where the heck those operators are in the addon, haha.
Mar 22 2016
Mmmm. I just use the copy loc rot and scale operators from that addon, I should have to go into the addon or ask Bassam to see if I can append those operators to my addon.
Sep 4 2015
Mmmm well I don't know if this helps but if you unparent 2 from 1, the offset is solved.
Bastien, but why is this corrected by 2.70a? At least from a user point of view
Oh man I'm so sorry, I thought I had deleted the rest of the bones!!!
Mmmm, no actually I don't know of a method to do so. Some time ago I spoke to Zanqdo about this and he also told me that he had seen such behavior with the Apply Pose operator, like if it messed up some things.
Sep 3 2015
Yay! I've been wanting this for ages! :D
Jul 12 2015
Jul 8 2015
It's the same result with the 3 options, normals only, edge or face, just try it in the file I attached.
Jun 16 2015
OK, I think I've found the bug!
Apr 18 2015
I must also say that every time this happens, I'm editing an objects that has several modifiers... so perhaps it would be a good idea to check if modifiers could somehow cause the propagation process to not work properly?
Oh, that's interesting!
Apr 16 2015
Apr 7 2015
Ok you win, just don't make blender slower :p
OK... well if it makes things simpler, I would also contemplate the possibility that the breakdowner doesn't take into account custom properties!
Apr 1 2015
If I understand this correctly, the undefined results causes a crash.
Mar 17 2015
Mar 4 2015
Dec 6 2014
Jul 23 2014
Keep the fix, I'll deal with Mariomey later :p
Jul 21 2014
Yep, old behavior was better and I relied on it too. -1 for mariomey, I will take care of him when I see him in some conference....
May 22 2014
May 21 2014
May 14 2014
Mar 22 2014
I've made up my mind and started compiling blender again, hehe.
Mar 20 2014
Ok, my mistake, it's not in official 2.7 (I should start compiling again instead of getting messed up with the buildbot :s )
Oh boy... I still see the bug in 2.7 official... It seems fixed in the sample file I uploaded, but it is not fixed in my complex rigs.... I'll try to debug the rig a bit and see when it happens...
Mar 19 2014
Ok ok, I'm almost sure that I downloaded both builds from there... but we'll wait then...
Mmmmmm ok... I don't quite get how this hash thing works yet...
Yep, seems to be working for actions too! :)
Mar 15 2014
Feb 18 2014
Feb 6 2014
Jan 9 2014
Trying to attach the blend file again. Guess it didn't work last time