- User Since
- Dec 20 2009, 11:39 AM (623 w, 4 d)
Thu, Nov 4
Nov 2 2021
I'm seeing the same issue, on two different machines (both win10, different NVidia cards). Viewport shows 18-25 fps in solid mode, drops to ~12 fps in shaded or rendered.
I have narrowed it down to a combination of armature and subdiv modifiers. Order of modifiers doesn't seem to matter, presumably if the the armature comes first it forces the subdiv to update every frame, or conversely if subdiv comes first it creates more work for the armature deform. The number of bones seems to affect it quite a bit.
Nov 1 2021
Can confirm the issue. I'm using the quadruped rig for a horse, and when the hip is twisted even slightly the spine flips around and causes this unwanted deformation on the back. The issue goes away when i set the roll value of the first spine bone to 180 (in the metarig) so the spine bones' Z axes are all aligned. I'm assuming this is caused by the StretchTo constraint.
Sep 12 2021
Aug 31 2021
Aug 26 2021
I've stripped down the code to bare minimum now, just with the base type setup function that creates a runtime RNA struct definition, which can then be augmented with ID properties.
- Merge branch 'master' into temp-runtime-node-def
- Simplified runtime node type definition.
Aug 24 2021
Increased the delay to 0.5 seconds now.
- Merge branch 'master' into node-scrolling-improvements
- Bump scroll delay in node editor up to 0.5 seconds.
Or we could just add defaults in the base class for everything expected, so a "T::<fieldname>" expression will never fail to compile.
Aug 23 2021
- Revert cleanup changes to node DNA.
Aug 22 2021
Aug 10 2021
Fixes in D12179.
Confirmed, will take a look. At first glance looks like the custom socket has a default_value pointer, which should not be happening (is only used for C socket types, custom sockets use only IDProperties).
Aug 1 2021
Thanks for this patch, should make copy/paste much more usable.
Jul 24 2021
Jul 18 2021
Jul 16 2021
In the interest of getting this patch finished i've added back some of the delay for smooth scrolling. It's faster than the previous value, so please check if that works for you.
Added back some of the delay in node edge panning.
Jul 14 2021
Without it, I find the panning feels robotic, instant, and too often makes big changes when I just want to move the view slightly. It loses the subtlety and elegance it had before.
Obviously this is going to be somewhat subjective, and that's just my opinion. But I wonder if we would want to try committing this without the change to the delay and see how that does.
Jul 13 2021
The problem appears to be related to the "Viewer Node" mode of the spreadsheet editor. When i set it back to "Evaluated" the attribute search works correctly.
On cursory inspection it looks like geometry nodes destroys the search data during cleanup after execution.
Jul 9 2021
Jul 8 2021
I started a draft for the single-socket nodes: D11853
Jul 6 2021
Images for posterity:
- Changing sock->type is done by node_socket_set_typeinfo.
- Formatting fixes.
- Don't show the socket icon (the colored circle) to the left of the type enum. It breaks up the alignment so it looks messy, and doesn't really add anything
- If anything, the icons should show in the enum list. I'm not sure that is possible currently though, since they are "special" icons.
- Don't show the "plug" icons in the enum. They're messy and don't add anything.
- Put back socket type enums that were removed.
- Removed the colored circle next to type button.
- Remove the ICON_PLUGIN from node socket RNA.
- Nicer labels for integer and color sockets.
Jul 5 2021
- Remove the valid_socket_type_full method. The valid_socket_type callback was added very recently, so there is no harm in changing it at this point. That avoids the complication of having two variants in the API.
On the topic of sockets vs. socket interfaces:
The node groups use the bNodeSocketType BKE struct both for node sockets as well as socket declarations in node groups. This can make things really confusing, and i'm itching to separate these types and match the RNA classes ("NodeSocket" and "NodeSocketInterface") to their own respective BKE structs. However, i don't want to get carried away here, so i'll just mention the issue and leave it for another time. Would be nice if we could clean up the crusty old RNA in the process, although that's optional and might break the API. Then again, if it's ever going to happen then Blender 3.0 might be the time to do it ...
I would like to add subtype support along with the "primary" type here. To that end it might be preferable to switch from an operator to a property for the type and subtype. It would also make the UI a little bit easier, not requiring the hack to emulate layout split for properties.
Jul 4 2021
UI improvements for the socket type operator.
Jul 3 2021
Removed accidentally committed test script.
Changing sockets now based on type idname.
Type change in the group socket update function.
Had some discussion with @Wannes Malfait (Wannes) and we've agreed that i will take over this patch.
Thank you for implementing this feature, it's been sorely needed for a long time.
Jul 2 2021
@Tomas (Rusculleda) Thanks, i'll be following that patch discussion. At a glance it seems there is some opposition (when is there ever none) to popping up a menu on the drop. I can think of some alternatives (context menu on socket, pie menu, etc). It should still work without this feature though. Potentially can also be an API extension such that a "node from noodle" feature like this can be implemented in a python addon.
I would like start this task with a list of relatively simple and uncontroversial changes:
- Use the existing socket-hiding mechanism for creating single-socket inputs (ctrl+h key, the old SOCK_UNAVAIL flag). This can be implemented quite easily and it gives us backward compatibility. Adding a group input just hides all but one socket by default.
Increase default node scroll speed again.
Jul 1 2021
Zoom influence factor for edge scroll speed.
Jun 30 2021
- Zero delay in node editor scrolling.
Jun 29 2021
I've tested settings with zero "delay" on the scrolling, which feels quite nice and reactive. Also slightly slower speed here:
- Only reset the node view when links are cancelled.
Jun 27 2021
Jun 23 2021
Jun 22 2021
Jun 21 2021
This is ancient, i'm archiving it.
Jun 18 2021
Jun 17 2021
Updated the image.
Unselected node for image and socket doc clarified.