Wannabe indie game developer.
- User Since
- Oct 15 2010, 10:05 PM (320 w, 3 d)
Oct 22 2014
Jul 5 2014
I would edit the title and change the main text, but even though I'm the owner of the task, for some reason I can't edit it. I can create a new task if necessary.
Jul 2 2014
Thanks, but that still sounds like a bug. Couldn't that be easily done in the source to force the callbacks to work either way?
Jul 1 2014
Jun 24 2014
I've taken the time to simplify BPR's above example blend file to show the problem more readily.
Jun 23 2014
I'm able to reproduce the crash using Windows 7 64-bit and a 32-bit build of Blender built myself on June 4th. It would appear that this crash occurs after I wait some time and click, as BPR points out.
Jun 5 2014
Jun 2 2014
Can confirm this to still be a bug in a 5/24/2014 custom build of Blender from source.
May 22 2014
May 20 2014
May 13 2014
Sorry about that - this is a recent issue. Blender 2.70a was fine.
Ah, I misread your comment at first. Now I got to test it myself - are you sure that's the case for you? I get around ~36 FPS when the plane is set to Occlude, and ~230 FPS when it's set to No Collision...? This is with the plane covering all of the "Cubes" in my example file, by the way.
Posting to mention that the aud module is back in the docs, so this bug can be frozen or removed or whatever as necessary.
May 11 2014
@Mitchell Stokes (moguri) - I'm not sure. I think I recall it being a patch from vitorbalbio that was committed somewhat recently (in the past few months), but I'm only able to turn up a patch from October that was committed but then reverted. If it were committed finally in October, then that would be 2.69, I think.
I believe the requirement for Billboard and Halo was changed between those versions from the face needing to face -X to +X intentionally. Anyway, no problem. I take it this bug can be closed?
May 10 2014
Ah, I see. Thank you.
May 9 2014
Maybe you could provide a blend file of your own that provides the problem, as the code itself doesn't do much.
May 8 2014
I'm able to confirm the bug (if I understand it correctly), which is:
May 5 2014
Subscribing as well. Is there anything that can be done about this bug? Perhaps an incline ignorance amount?
Apr 16 2014
No, I don't believe it is, as this sounds like a slightly different issue. Thanks for looking, nonetheless.
Apr 15 2014
Apr 7 2014
I believe I, too, am experiencing this problem, even now in Blender 2.7. Here's a pretty basic test case for anyone if anyone still needs it. There's just two objects; both are running the same script and have the same mesh and material. However, only one object actually applies the shader.
Feb 25 2014
Ah, I see. I misunderstood you. It's odd, though; I must have tested it out in Blender 2.69 when I said that it worked then. However, when I tried it myself just now, the bug is still there in 2.69 release, as you mentioned. Very odd.
Feb 24 2014
So the bug is that the vertices visually don't update if there's a spotlight and the object isn't in its cone. You can print out the vertices' Z position and see the values rise, despite not updating visually in the game.
That's odd, I just downloaded a build from the buildbot (64-bit Windows), and the bug's still there.
Feb 23 2014
Bumping (?) for more info. I just tried this in the recent Release Candidate for Blender 2.7, and two of the bugs still seem to be there. The replaceMesh bug seems to have been fixed.
Bumping (?) for more info. I just tried this in the recent Release Candidate for Blender 2.7, and the bug is still there.
Jan 30 2014
@Patrick de Jong (rykounanba) - I mentioned turning off shadows fixes the issue in the bug report, but it's good to know that turning off shadows on the shader does it too. So it would appear that it has something to do with the shadows in particular for spot lights.
Jan 28 2014
Hmm, I see. Did you try a recent build bot version with my example file?
(Hmm, it would appear I commented on the file, so I'll comment again here.)
It's fine; thanks for the blend file. It would appear that old meshes work fine, but new meshes have some sort of issue. That blend file works fine for me, until you:
Jan 27 2014
This bug also shows up in the latest build of Blender from the BuildBot, so it's not my personal build that has an issue, either.
Jan 23 2014
It's impossible to import bpy from the standalone player because it's not a Python module you can import from the BGE. It's Blender specific. You can't use bpy in a standalone game, basically; just BGE python modules, external Python modules, and standalone modules (like Audaspace (aud) and mathutils).
Jan 17 2014
Jan 12 2014
I think that this might be related not just to LibLoading lights, but rather using the LibLoad() function at all. I just submitted a bug that's very similar in behavior (Using LibNew() or replaceMesh() crashes Blender / the game engine):