Blender 2.90 release.
|Bcon1||New features and changes||April 15, 2020||master|
|Bcon2||Improve and stabilize||June 24, 2020||master|
|Bcon3||Bug fixing only||July 22, 2020||blender-v2.90-release|
|Bcon4||Prepare release||August 19, 2020||blender-v2.90-release|
|Bcon5||Release||August 26 20, 2020||blender-v2.90-release|
note dates from bcon2 onwards have been moved two weeks due to the bug fixing sprint.
All the dates presented here were discussed on weekly developer meetings and are subject to changes.
- Modifiers new layout / drag & drop
- Cursors (and tools) final design (team is not focusing on that, postponed)
- Fast mesh editing T73360 (not the entire milestone)
- UV Editing polishing (UV-rip, ...).
- Add Object Tool polishing. (postponed to 2.91)
- Polishing other tools.
- No API breakage.
- Multires wrapping up. (baking postponed)
- Technical debts
- Bug fixing.
- Particles nodes as experimental feature - won’t be production ready
- Initial point cloud support (experimental so it doesn't matter)
- OpenVDB integration with mantaflow (needs log)
- Mantaflow usability polishing (postponed)
- Distortion model.
- Compositor - bug fixing.
- VSE - bug fixing but no refactor.
- Motion blur.
- Stereoscopy polishing.
- Point cloud rendering (moved to experimental).
- Vulkan groundwork (GL encapsulation, cleanups). [doesn't block]
- Fix MacOS volume drawing.
- Alembic refactor.
- USD exporter improvements.
- Library overrides - Milestone 1 About 90% done, remaining parts of this milestone will be for 2.91.
- Annotation arrows.
- Blocking and 3d-2d pipeline. (SVG I/O postponed to 2.91)
- Sampling patches. (postponed to 2.91)
- Other smaller patches.