This repository is a staging area for patches from newer developers to be committed for testing.
- Patches where the functionality is approved can be committed here, before having comprehensive review.
- Developers who don't yet have access to BF Blender repository can gain access to this repository.
- Each release we will re-sync the repository with master.
Source Code: Blender-Staging Repository
While we're more relaxed about changes in the staging repository, there are some guidelines to follow.
- Don't write broken blend files. Loading Blend files in the official release shouldn't crash.
- Keep Blender Working. Changes which leave Blender in a broken state effect other developers, better make such work-in-progress changes in your own branch
- Isolate commits. Don't use single commits for changes in many, unrelated areas (making it hard apply your changes for releases).
- Keep personal preference out of it. Unless its needed for you're development, keep defaults for preferences, keymaps etc, matching official releases.
- Follow Committer Etiquette. Follow the same practices for regular development:<br>http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Committer_Info
Patches accepted for the staging repository.